Monthly Archives: January 2010
10. Appreciating our current and former Big Sisters on at a celebration on January 21 (hosted by our Alumnae Association!) in recognition of National Mentoring Month!
9. Going deeper into the communities we serve with programs like Neighborhood-Based Mentoring at the Lilla G. Frederick Pilot Middle School in Dorchester.
8. Sharing our expertise on gender-specific mentoring with girl-serving organizations through our Intentional Mentoring partnership with the United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley.
7. Talking about A Girl’s Life hosted by Rachel Simmons–the eye-opening documentary about issues girls are facing right here in our community, right now–with our volunteers and supporters.
6. Maintaining longer, stronger Big and Little Sister relationships through the support of our professional social work staff.
5. Staying connected with former Big and Little Sisters through our Alumnae Association, which is open to current Big Sisters too!
4. Continuing to increase the number of Big Sisters who are women of color with the help of our Diversity Council who brought us from 26% volunteers of color to 28% in 2009!
2. Giving more than 2,700 girls throughout Greater Boston the attention of a caring, supportive woman mentor who will expand their horizons and let them know there is nothing they can’t do, become, or achieve.
1. Keeping you in the know on all things girls, mentoring, and the Big Sister community through the BigSisterBoston blog!
What are YOUR hopes and dreams for this year?